The House of Switzerland will be the main feature and the heart of the City Festival. The modular wood structure has represented the country on various occasions, such as the Olympic Games and world exhibitions, and is now being installed on home soil for the very first time. Show rooms will illustrate how Switzerland is being represented abroad. In addition, SRF (the Swiss national television network) will offer a glance behind the scenes.
The sustainable wooden construction has already been in Sochi and Milano and combines the best of Swiss design, architecture and handcraft. Visitors have the chance to discover through different experiences, including a gastronomical journey, both the traditional and creative sides of Switzerland.
- Chance to spot a Swiss athlete
- Take-away restaurant with traditional Swiss dishes
- Video installation with the journey of the House of Switzerland
- Discovering of unknown facts about Switzerland
- Exhibition “Zurich in a Box”, curated by the City of Zurich
- Presentation of the Top Events of Switzerland
- Behind the scenes tour of the Swiss Television and Radio studios
- Public viewing of the Championships